Friday, September 29, 2006

Holy Crap! Robert Downey, Jr. is Ironman!!!














"It is true. Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. I am about as excited as I can be. I saw what he can do and he is extremely enthusiastic about playing Stark. I can say with absolute certainty that there is no better choice. The humor and emotional dimension he brings truly raises the bar on this project. Get ready."


-Director Jon Favreau
from his myspace group HERE




This is not the way I would have gone,
as I said back in THIS post, I was thinking Billy Crudup.

None the less, Robert Downey, Jr. is one of the finest actors walking on this Earth
and nobody knows about addiction more than he does, so watch out for the "Demon in a Bottle" story arc that will probably be in Ironman 2: Leaving Las Vegas!!

Robert Downey, Jr. certainly doesn't scream,
macho Italian billionaire and he ain't that young anymore,
but the man was Chaplin!! Chaplin!!

This is a very Michael Keaten/Batman type of move and I wish Director Jon Favreau all the luck in the world.

AINTITCOOLNEWS has the exclusive story:

Brace yourselves for what happens when someone makes the right choice for once.

Tony Stark will be played by
Robert Downey, Jr.

I can’t even express how much I love that choice. First of all, congratulations to Paramount and Marvel for having the nerve to pin their franchise on Downey. He’s had some rough years, but if I’ve ever seen anyone aggressively work to rehab their career, it’s Downey.

Even in his darkest days, he was
doing good work, but lately he seems more in touch than ever with what makes him great as a performer. He’s excellent with comedy, and he can break an audience’s heart with ease. Rare combination. And when the franchise finally gets into some of Tony Stark’s darkest hours, when he faces down his own demons in the second film or the third, can you imagine how much soul Downey can bring to it? If handled right, that’s some of the most potent dramatic material in any Marvel movie, and now they’ve got the right actor to make it all work.


As an added Bonus, I dropped in some designs for Ironman that didn't get Favreau 's approval.


Okay Tony's in there somewhere, I can see it.

1 comment:

Superdave said...

You mean the guy from Ally McBeal???
I kid, I kid...
Actually, I thought old Johnny "Don't call me Frenchy" Favreau would be a pretty decent Buckethead himself.