Tuesday, March 27, 2007

TransFormers & Micheal Bay

Good Bad Stuff Up Ahead: Number Two: (of 20)


First up! These amazing one shots came in at Aintitcool over here!
(click to enlarge!)


Also interesting... Bay posted this little rant Friday on his blog here that really gives you a bit of insight into just who's kissing whose ass and the whole "Bay approach" to Transformers. love it or hate it.

Almost a 100 days left. I guess I should start posting every week? I've been working my ass off - the cut is really coming along -the shots ---awesome. Some of the most difficult renders in ILM history. Sometimes up to 38 hours per frame. The Show West thing was fun to see the scenes play in a 1000 person house. But they just saw 25 minutes so it is hard to feel engaged because they are not seeing the full run of a movie. Harry called me to tell me how he loved it. I see all the dickwad talk back people who claim they have read a finished script. Impossible - I kept the only draft for the last two months before shooting. That's where did major retooling to the script - yes the scene beats are similar but a very different script. We are still writing the robot voices. They talk about just 20 minutes of action at the end - yeah right. This is by far the most action I have ever put into a movie - I have 12 huge set pieces. Boy I get tired of these lame cry babies on the net. -BAY

And of course, purists are mourning the casting of Hugo Weaving as Megatron instead of beloved Frank Welker, the original voice of the dastardly villain, but aren't these same fans secretly "Geekgasming" over Agent Smith's attachment to Tranformers? You bet your mighty Gobots they are! After his performance in "V" I think he should overdub Barney and give him more of an edge.





(I'll be updating this later Today..with an overview)

1 comment:

kelltrenzer said...

As much as I love Transformers, I just can't get excited about this at all. Not like I've got any fanboy angst against it or anything, I don't seem to care much about it. What's your feelings about it so far?