Friday, February 01, 2008

Anthony & His Sunday Best!


Here comes the Superbowl, a boring, usually unevenly matched game, watched by people who like to giggle at silly, expensive commercials and talk about their hybrids during gameplay and people who like to paint themselves blue and commit bodily harm to people who are not from their city, state or region, because "We Ahh Da Winnahs Mudda Fukkas!" But... The Patriots are playing the Giants, which should insure a seriously tough game, with historical significance on the line and... at approximately 4:30, Marvel will present the new Iron Man trailer, which should, if nothing else, completely destroy my ingenious plan to avoid Budweiser commercials. Shortly after that, the trailer will be available on Apple.com, Marvel.com, and the official Iron Man website at IronManmovie.com.

(click this sucka)

I'm looking forward to this movie, let's hope this is the beginning of the Silver Age of comic book films.








3 comments:

kelltrenzer said...

I'm still worried cause we haven't even caught a glimpse of any Mandarin footage. If there isn't any in the next promo it might start causing some doubt for me (which would be sad cause everything has looked pretty cool so far).

Stuff Daddy said...

I hate to tell you, but I believe they have left the Mandarin out of it. I know they talked about it, but I believe the villain in this is Obadiah Stane... "Iron Monger!" The synopsis going around is this: Tony Stark/Iron Man, the story of a kidnapped billionaire industrialist and genius inventor. Using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man." Who knows? Maybe the Mandarin is in it. But then who is playing him? We know Jeff Bridges is Stane, why would they hide a cast member from us? Perhaps deception is in the air? Jon Favreau did announce the Mandarin as the villain at Comicon in 2006. I bet that the idea of alien power rings didn't jib with the much more "realistic" set up of this first movie.

kelltrenzer said...

I guess I haven't been paying that much attention! I didn't like the Mandarin idea to begin with, so that's okay.

At least now I feel informed.