Saturday, February 23, 2008

Michel Gondry on Michel Gondry!

Michel Gondry has more heart, soul and creativity in his work than many folks who are sensitized to media can take. I don't think people really understand how much conditioning a viewer of a certain genre or era of media undergoes. We expect and want the sugar sweet roller coaster we are promised and we can't always taste the subtlety of daring artists.

People complain when comfortably "qwirky" becomes unclear, unexpected and avant-garde. They say the artist has lost his meaning or way. What they mean is, "This is not what I expected or wanted. I am lost. I am feeble. I'm a big douche."

Here's the trailer for Gondry's new film and his sweded trailer of his trailer. You'll understand after you see it in order


1)



2)

1 comment:

kell trenzer said...

The "sweded" films obviously made the movie, and had me laughing out loud. The rest of the story was just alright, but overall the movie was good. It should make for a good DVD with the special features.